Friday, July 25, 2008

Amateur Baker

Since I started my food blog recently, I have embraced another new hobby, which is baking. Obviously, I am an amateur baker. I have never baked any cakes, pastries, cookies or things like that in the past. Maybe, one of the reason is because I don't like to eat them & I find it too taxing to bake (some of the steps are really complicated). Can you believe that even for my birthday, I told people not to buy me a cake, LOL...

What triggered me to start baking?? Well, I think it's because I wanted to challenge myself to the next level in cookery, which is baking. I started to cook when I was only 12 years old, so I would consider myself in the intermediate level in cooking; and now I am gonna start as a amateur baker at the age of 29 :-) It's never too late to try, right?

As I have guessed, baking is apparently much more difficult compared to cooking. I don't know about others, but to me cooking is definitely easier. Since last week, I have baked 2 cakes, the first one (cinnamon tea cake) is successfully done, the other one is not so good in texture but still can eat...hehehe...Sigh...don't know what has gone wrong with my banana cake...Nvm, I will try until it's perfect :P

After that, I tried to bake some cookies. The first one was supposed to be some oat cookies, but I think something has gone wrong somewhere along the way, so it's not cookies anymore, I have turned them into some muesli bars...hahaha so funny cookies became muesli bars...but surprisingly it taste good & crunchy :)

Hmmm...and finally today I have successfully baked some mini butter cookies, good in shapes & good in taste, thumbs up for me, kekeke...:P Finally, I have made it, at least start with the basics first, right?

Never try, never know. Now that I have tried baking, I find it very interesting & there are more to learn. I'll continue to bake & be an amateur (as a pastime, of course I hope to improve on the skills) baker.

1 comment:

~doNNa^~ said...

looks like I have learn more things from you? Hehe... I did ask people not to buy me cake for my birthday. No chocolate, biscuits or anything sweet. So weird.